Insight is one of the fastest growing education staffing companies in the country. Our company staffs substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical staff, non-instructional aides, and more in over 60 school districts. If you are looking for a fast-paced job that fits your schedule, visit www.workwithinsight.com/apply now to start your online application.
Insight is looking for a Long-Term Substitute Special Education Paraprofessional to work in Round Lake Area Schools CUSD #116. This assignment will be from October 18 – December 20, 2019. Pay for this position will be $115+/day.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Assists teacher/ BCBA / supervisor in monitoring of students’ academic work and behavioral performance
- Performs classroom and school-related duties as needed
- Assists students during arrival and dismissal from school
- Supervises students in all aspects of daily schedules
- Attends all required staff meetings, in-services, and orientations as directed by Insight or the district
- Attends annual trainings as directed by Insight and district
- Responsible for all miscellaneous duties as assigned by the teacher, principal, building, or special services
- Behavioral outbursts from students may occur. Physical intervention of students may be necessary. Must be willing and able to lift students as appropriate based on students’ needs.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting, grooming, tube – feeding, etc.).
- You do not have to have experience, but you must be willing to complete task. Support will be provided to learn. Some students may require diapering, toileting, and feeding tube feedings.
- Provide behavioral / emotional support (de-escalation, redirection, task focus, mediation) for student(s).
- Assist student(s) with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student(s) with accessible technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals as directed by teacher, administration, or case manager.
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the certified teacher.
- IL Substitute License & Bachelors Degree required
- Candidates must already have or must be willing to undergo a criminal history check (fingerprinting) through the Department of Education.
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.