Insight is one of the fastest growing education staffing companies in the country. Our company staffs substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical staff, non-instructional aides, and more in over 60 school districts. If you are looking for a fast-paced job that fits your schedule, visit www.workwithinsight.com/apply now to start your online application.
Insight is looking for a Long-Term Substitute Guidance Counselor to work in Brick Township Public Schools. Candidates should be accessible with excellent communication skills and a profound interest in helping students to attain their academic and career goals.
- Provide counseling and group guidance to help students cope effectively personal, social, academic, career, and family concerns.
- Prepares various forms of correspondence.
- Obtain and evaluate student data, including test results, personal histories, school records, teacher’s reports, parental information, etc.
- Provide classroom guidance focusing on post-high school planning, career exploration, family and/or peer relationships and decision-making.
- Address issues that impact students at risk of failing to attain their full academic potential.
- Evaluate and prepare student transcripts.
- Implement programs dealing with decision-making, conflict resolution, self-esteem, coping strategies, etc.
- Serve as the school-based resource for dealing with drop-out prevention, substance abuse, pregnancy, homelessness, and crisis prevention/intervention.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- CE/CEAS/Standard in Guidance
- Candidates must already have or must be willing to undergo a criminal history check (fingerprinting) through the Department of Education.
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.