Insight is one of the fastest growing education staffing companies in the country. Our company staffs substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical staff, non-instructional aides, and more in over 60 school districts. If you are looking for a fast-paced job that fits your schedule, visit www.workwithinsight.com/apply now to start your online application.
Insight is looking for Long-Term Paraprofessionals to work in Pequannock Township Public Schools. The long-term paraprofessionals’ goal is to facilitate teacher’s direction, and help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and is able to communicate these objectives to students, as adopted by the local and state Board of Education.
- Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Facilitates lesson plan as outlined by the teacher.
- Performs all extra duties assigned by teacher as required.
- Works in one-to-one or small group settings within the classroom assigned.
- Facilitates a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation, pertaining to teacher and students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Candidates must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must already have or must be willing to undergo a criminal history check (fingerprinting) through the Department of Education.
- Candidates must already have or must be willing to complete a TB Test within 6 months of their date of hire.
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.