Insight is one of the fastest growing education staffing companies in the country. Our company staffs substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, clerical staff, non-instructional aides, and more in over 60 school districts. If you are looking for a fast-paced job that fits your schedule, visit www.workwithinsight.com/apply now to start your online application.
Insight is looking for a 1:1 Aide who has knowledge of braille to work in Teaneck Public Schools. Pay for this position will be $175/day.
- Provide academic support (tutorial, study skills, organization) at the direction of the teacher and school/district administration.
- Provide behavioral support (redirect, task focus, mediation) for student.
- Assist student with daily living skill building (toileting).
- Assist student with gross/fine motor support (sensory breaks, ambulation support).
- Assist student with his/her assessable technology (communication devices).
- Collect data on IEP goals.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by teacher or principal.
- 48 College Credits required
- Candidates must be able to read and teach braille
- Knowledge of braille and access technology required
- Experience with students with visual impairments preferred
- Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, or moving throughout the building
- Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and have vision requirements of near acuity of 20 inches or less and far acuity of 20 feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision
- Subject to inside environment conditions
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.